Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baby Shower

This post is dedicated to Michelle.

Friend Heather threw me a baby shower! Thank heavens, because babies are exPENsive. And we didn't have any clothes.

Here's the invite:


It's a diaper. :)

I don't really have any friends, so all the old ladies that I work with were invited. They are very friendly, and can spend a lot more money on baby things than me. Convenient, eh?

One of the ladies asked me last week or so to put together a list of all the things I didn't have. She said that I had to put things on there even if they were expensive and I didn't plan on receiving them. So I did. It was fun. And I got a large number of things on that list!

We had it at Applebee's because there was plenty of parking and I didn't have to try and figure out how I was going to seat 15 old ladies with hip problems in my little apartment. Thank heaven. That was a stroke of genius from whoever suggested it.

PLEASE excuse the double chin(s).




 The lady on the very front right is named Cookie. Really! That's her name!



It's a wee little baby cradle. An old lady cut them, I folded and glued. And then we stuffed them full of Hershey kisses and  tulle.

5 comments:

  1. I feel so famous! A post dedicated to me! Looks like you totally cleaned up. And those old ladies all look so nice! You still lacking anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't really get any newborn clothes at all...just a bunch of big girl clothes. Like, 6 monthers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BLOGGING! It looks like the shower was a huge success and I for one think "old ladies" can make good friends.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, you are so cute. I am in love with the invitations and especially the tiny baby cradles. Looks like you got a lot of cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad the old work ladies threw you a shower! And I looooove the second picture of you, Meg. You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete