Thursday, August 13, 2015

Oh yeah, and I'm having a baby.

With five weeks to go in this pregnancy, I guess I should probably say something about it. Basically, it's been a breeze. Everything has been very routine, with no surprises whatsoever. Hooray! My feet hurt at the end of every day. My hands and feet and ankles haven't swollen at all compared to last time, hallelujah. As a general rule, sleeping hurts. My hips and knees and back are just creaky and sore all night. In other news,  I've also managed to not gain ten million pounds, believe it or not! Only like, one million pounds. Actually twenty if you really want to know.

Compared to last time, this pregnancy has really been on the back burner. With Nat, it was all we ever talked about or thought about. And now I don't have any more brains to think about anything. Ha. But really, life is a lot busier with one kid than with no kid, and between that and school and work, this little guy doesn't get quite as much as attention as Natalie in utero (sorry, too graphic?).

He's very active in the mornings and after supper until bedtime, with a LONG nap in the middle of the day. Maybe that's how he'll be when he comes! He likes to nestle his heels right in the top and center of my tummy and dig them in, probably causing severe internal bruising and definitely causing slight external soreness.

Names. Boy's names are SO much harder than girl's names. But we finally have a list! We have gone from zero options to about twenty and have it down to five. Sam would say three, but there's still technically five on the list. Hopefully we're not stealing anyone's favorite names for their kids (ahem, Bri), but we've got some pretty good options I think. And I'm not telling!

Yes, I've found a doctor for all of you concerned sisters of mine. My first appointment is August 17th. They're located right on the first floor of the hospital I'll be delivering at, which is 4 minutes away from where we live. Convenience at it's finest.

We bought a bag of newborn diapers and set up a second crib in Nat's room this week. I guess this is really happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment